M-ATV Turret assmbly, also fits hmmwv.

1985 - Present, Vehicles, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

CHASWINGMAN
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

M-ATV Turret assmbly, also fits hmmwv.

Post by CHASWINGMAN » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 am

This is the heavy (and I mean heavy) turret assembly for the M-ATV, but will also work on a hmmwv, or most any other mrap. I've only got one of these. The price of $3,500 includes the heavy bearing, top plate with hatches/latches, weapons mount (not pictured yet), geared ring with manual crank assembly and lock.
It's taken me almost a year to find all the pieces for this, in regards to the hatch hold bars and other smaller parts. Had to make a couple of the bar retainers on a mill. Had big plans to use this on an MRAP mock up, but that project fizzled out, not enough time nor ambition :)

There are a couple of cables that pass through the top plate and I've got no Idea what they are for, as I don't have a M-ATV to look at for reference. I've mounted this on a 900 series turret plate (support) to assemble and figure out what goes to what. This will mount to the original turret support of a hmmwv, but you will have 36 holes to drill in the top lip of the support (very simple process), actually some of the holes in your support already line up, so it's more like drilling 27 holes or so. The support plate in the picture isn't for sale, as I borrowed it from a friend to assemble it for test fitting
I am missing the inside locking bar/lever, but looks like one could be made fairly simply if you are handy, but as heavy as the hatches are, you may not even need one.
I've got no idea what gunners protection kit you could adapt to this, as I've not messed with these before and i'm busy packing up for the Denton show.

This is the one that has two heavy hatches that open to the sides and have these massive springs and lock bars to hold them in position. I suppose a power system could be adapted to it easily, as it's using the same bearing as the m1114. I've got 90% of the parts to make it power if you wanna be super cool. But that would add to the price of course. It turns easily with the manual crank (beefy mrap type) but I've not tested the crank with it fully assembled with the .50 on it, but as easy as it spins now, I'd think the .50 and it's accessories wouldn't make much difference.

You could be the only guy/gal in your neighborhood with one of these bad boys.
Will ship via fastenal on your dime, or you are welcome to come and get it. Or you can bring your Hmmwv and we can install it for a nominal feel.
The paint isn't bad, but not show quality. Some minor rust here and there, but I think it would take 200 years for it to rust through. this is thick armored steel. Based on the way it's designed, it may actually be rainproof as well.
If we have room, we may bring it to the Denton show next week.
Call or text is best 843 six seven zero 9636. Located in the Charleston SC area.

I'm too lazy to jump through hoops to post pics on here, so please email or call for pics. I can text them or email them.

May do some trading for GMV parts.

No export on this, so please don't message me telling me you have a licensed exporter who can do the paperwork. I'm not messing with that or the drama that comes along with it. Sorry.
GMV
M998
Lots of green and tan metal junk.
M151a2
M416
M1102 x 4

blhar15
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: M-ATV Turret assmbly, also fits hmmwv.

Post by blhar15 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 am

No pictures?
M1151
M1152

Return to “Humvee For Sale”