Roll bar mystery

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

mak
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Roll bar mystery

Post by mak » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:49 am

I have a couple of alloy roll type cages that were left over from the Blackhawk Down set, they came with a heap of genuine AM General body panels and most of the replica fiberglass doors/hoods/slantbacks etc. Has anyone seen anything like these before ? They don't show up on the film, all the replica parts that were used in the movie are accurate copies of something that exists so it seems unlikely they would have been made for the movie,maybe they were some random prototype junk that AM General threw in with a bunch of other parts and sent to the film set,anyone have any clues? The two bar sections don't even fit together and wouldn't seem to help much in a rollover or for a weapon system/equipment mount. I thought about using the slantback bars anyhow with my truck in some kind of GMV config. Though the back bar would make using the load bed a PITA.
postimage pics

vgy.me pics below

Last edited by mak on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DockRocker
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: Roll bar mystery

Post by DockRocker » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:03 am

Pics don’t show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mak
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Roll bar mystery

Post by mak » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Hmm thanks for letting me know, weird I tried again from another pic hosting company

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”