VIC3 vs highway cable alignment

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee

VIC3 vs highway cable alignment

Post by RockHillWill » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am

I am getting ready to install the highway cables to the rear FFCS, and would prefer to make the entrance/exit alignment to come in/out of the FFCS vertically upward rather than downward. Can the female/receiver unit be rotated to facilitate this? I am VERY nervous about taking anything loose in the FFCS. Thanks!
Attachments
WCLouvers 008.jpg
WCLouvers 008.jpg (170.84 KiB) Viewed 591 times

RockHillWill

Re: VIC3 vs highway cable alignment

Post by RockHillWill » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Bump! No takers??

aceecaus
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by aceecaus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:46 pm

You could try to come over the top of the box with the cable and then back underneath it (if they're long enough) and then plug it back into the box so it doesn't hang so low coming out the sides....

Augi
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Augi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Plug the other end of the cable into the box. Usually the two ends are rotated 180 out so you have some flexibility in situations like this.

Also, there are some makes of highway cables that have screw on back shells instead of molded. Those ones you can loosen and rotate the connector.

You can not turn the connector on the box. The hole is D shaped to prevent it and the connector is soldered to a flat ribbon so it can't turn anyway.

Augi

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:25 am

Aceecus: I have tried that already, but I have this 'thing' about symmetry, but I may have to forge ahead. Thanks.

Thanks, Augi. I was afraid of that. The other end of this cable fits the way I like at the front at the radio shelf, so I will just try to route it as nicely as I can, or maybe look for a different cable. Thanks for the advice. It gives me a direction to go in.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”