It's a coming down !!!

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

It's a coming down !!!

Post by Action » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:48 am

The city of Cincinnati and surrounding areas are under a LEVEL 3 snow emergency, meaning they can give you a ticket for having your vehicle on the road. It would be cool to have a set of MATTRACKS on the Humvee and drive past the news crews out on the roads!
There is a big hill coming south out of downtown Cincinnati. Traffic is stuck in all lanes, not moving. 5 plows are hitting the hill side by side to get it cleared. The problem is that they can't get past the parked semis and cars.
Here are a couple pics on that hill......followed by a couple at my house....

AMTAK, they said this is headed your way.

fsutterbadass
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Post by fsutterbadass » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:29 am

We got crushed and are still getting it now....I'm in Northeast Ohio. I feel ya. Just got a HMMWV delivered yesterday from California and it's now covered in a foot of snow. Guess I won't be playing with it today.

Freddie

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 am

I just noticed the truck in my first pic is going the wrong way on the interstate. I guess he didn't want to wait his turn to get pulled up the hill. this happened before, and the semis got towed up one at a time.

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

it's a coming down

Post by dilvoy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 am

Dang, and I thought because it dipped to almost forty degrees last night and I had to put an extra blanket on my bed that I had it bad. So do you all people that live in that area keep any sort of emergency kit in your vehicles just in case you become stranded while driving somewhere and if so, what does it consist of?
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

fsutterbadass
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Post by fsutterbadass » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:51 am

I keep a bottle of Grey Goose, some nudie magazines, Generation Kill on DVD & and an extra KDS PCB with me at all times....no matter what the weather conditions.

Freddie

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:30 am

A month or so ago, we had a bad ice storm. It was taking people 6-8 hours to get less than 20 miles. Bridges were closed. We had 6 people show up to work on second shift out of about 50-60. One guy on my shift stayed until the next day in the breakroom. I was lucky enough to go home at lunch time, so I missed all the ice at 3pm.

Our deer are like the postal service...nothing keeps them from coming to the house! Even after we fill the freezers with them.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”