Petaluma discussions

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Greg Lalonde
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Petaluma discussions

Post by Greg Lalonde » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm

just curious where the armor,if any,is going to park?im sure you will figure it out john.

softskin_driver
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by softskin_driver » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi Greg...
There are several options depending the condition the fields and pasture are in. Fortunately with armor the weight of the vehicle is spread out over the whole length of both tracks so ground pressure is not an issue like with the Mack NO or a 10 ton trucks of similar size and design.
I am sure Glenn and Tim and a few others will bring armor and we will work out the parking as we know more about that. The MVCC board is having our winter meeting at Petaluma KOA in a few weeks. We will discuss this and any other issues brought to our attention between then and now so reach out.

:)
Dave Ball
MVCC, President, Editor
MVPA 9377
http://www.mvccnews.net
1942 USA Dodge WC-24
1942 USN Dodge WC-56

86humv
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 86humv » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 pm

I went to MVCC web page to get info. on spring meet 2017 because some say " this forum is not well read by our members ", and when I looked up Events....clicked on Spring Meet at Petaluma for 2017 and I got : 2016 camp delta info ?
86 Hmmwv
Lots A parts
M101A2 trailer
M1102 trailer

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 am

86humv wrote:I went to MVCC web page to get info. on spring meet 2017 because some say " this forum is not well read by our members ", and when I looked up Events....clicked on Spring Meet at Petaluma for 2017 and I got : 2016 camp delta info ?
Good catch! The Petaluma details are viewable via a special listing on the Home Page but the Events Calendar link indeed points to the wrong Spring info. Webmaster has been advised about this glitch.

FYI if you can never get enough details about the Big Spring Meet there is more on the G503 calendar and on the Events forum.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Jetnoise400
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Jetnoise400 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Hey All,

MVCC Webmaster here. If you see an error on the website, please send me an e-mail message and let me know. I'm the guy that fixes it. If you post something here, it may be a day or two or three until I get a chance to check back in here. My email address is on the "About" page on the website http://mvccnews.net/about.html under "MVCC Technical Staff", and it's also printed monthly in the newsletter.

We don't let John play with the internet.

Thanks!
Sean Nichols
MVCC Webmaster

'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck (resto in progress)
'85 M1038 HMMWV

Return to “MVCC”