Puttin' 'em' to work!

Power Wagon truck forums, M37 etc.
USAFpj
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Puttin' 'em' to work!

Post by USAFpj » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 pm

I had 6 days home this last trip, and spent the time fairly wisely. Playing Airsoft and tag with the boys, Golden Corral restaurant with the daughter, and finally got to the 33070 good stuff!

I want these boys to have "buy in" on their WC, so I gave them some very informal instruction, cranked up the Star Wars Symphony on YouTube and the (2) 15in speakers, and let them loose. I gave them some pointers, but they made every mistake in the book... and I loved every minute of it. Drips, orange peel, painting over grease, etc... Even got some Xylene in my eye :shock:

It hurt my gut to see them making all of these mistakes, but the paint job isn't the important part. When these kids leave the nest in the next 2 to 8 years, I'll have those mistakes to reflect on.

mike Colgan
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Re: Puttin' 'em' to work!

Post by mike Colgan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 am

Believe me, when you hit 70 these memories will be on top of your list!

Good on you for realizing what’s truly important to you. Not all of us were so wise in setting priorities.

dpcd67
G-General
G-General

Post by dpcd67 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:02 am

Nice garage. Why is your engine blue?
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

USAFpj
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by USAFpj » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 am

Why is your engine blue?
Because I knew that it would upset guys who spent 28 years in the Army :lol:

"We liked the color" is the short answer- never mind that this motor is out of a 1947 Dodge car...
Her compression numbers are on the low side, but I want to run her to see if the rings will seat a bit better, and maybe get a bit of use out of it while saving for the rebuild and correct color on the T-214 that currently sits on the motor stand.

Oh- and the Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X was 1/2 off :lol: . Color is 'Winter Gray'.

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:16 am

USAFpj wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 am
Why is your engine blue?
Because I knew that it would upset guys who spent 28 years in the Army :lol:

"We liked the color" is the short answer- never mind that this motor is out of a 1947 Dodge car...
Her compression numbers are on the low side, but I want to run her to see if the rings will seat a bit better, and maybe get a bit of use out of it while saving for the rebuild and correct color on the T-214 that currently sits on the motor stand.

Oh- and the Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X was 1/2 off :lol: . Color is 'Winter Gray'.

I'm not sure it is the right shade of blue, but I do know many of the wartime rebuilds were painted blue!

Scott

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 am

Great to see the family getting involved.

Return to “Power Wagon Forums”