Fuel Tanks for Dodge WC Series

Power Wagon truck forums, M37 etc.
BobRedfern
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Fuel Tanks for Dodge WC Series

Post by BobRedfern » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Just wanted to let all of you know on the forum that if you need a new fuel tank for your Dodge WC Series vehicle.... I just had a new stainless steel tank fabricated by Steve and Todd Flokstra of DCM Classics in Michigan.... I sent them my old tank from my 1942 Dodge WC 54 Ambulance and they did an exact reproduction...... it is absolutely perfect... Some folks would not be happy with a reproduction tank, however as you all know there are not very many good ones or NOS left to buy..... I will never have to worry about rust in the tank or the coating in a restored tank flaking off and contaminating the gas.... If your Dodge won't run due to a bad fuel tank.. then there is no need having it... here is the contact information for Steve and his son Todd at DCM Classics 616-772-1165... or send them an email note to dodgecentralmi@gmail.com.

I purchased the 1942 Dodge WC 54 as a "totally" restored vehicle.... but.... the fuel tank was never restored.... On my TV Series.. Military Collectors.. that is the most talked about subject with almost every restoration operation I come across.... "What does restored" actually mean.... Check out the show.... at www.MilitaryCollectorsTV.com... Bob

dpcd67
G-General
G-General

Re: Fuel Tanks for Dodge WC Series

Post by dpcd67 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:07 pm

What is the price?
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Price is important. Would be curious in the cost as well. I have used the POR-15 fuel tank kit. Pretty amazing stuff. About $75. Never had a problem...likely outlast me for sure.
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

BobRedfern
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by BobRedfern » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:57 pm

The price varies.... but mine was around $500 plus shipping..... and once it is in place, painted etc.... You can't tell it from an original tank... but stainless steel is better than the original.... Unless you are going for a concours restoration for a museum display..... you can't beat it.... Give them a call .. they are great to work with.... Bob

RLConrad
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by RLConrad » Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Would you please post a photograph?
1943 Ford GPW (GPW--98137*)
1947 Bantam T3-C (14367)

BobRedfern
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by BobRedfern » Fri May 11, 2018 5:10 pm

You know I haven't figured out how to post pictures on the forum....sorry, but if you send me an email note to Bob@BobRedfern.com... I will be happy to send you some photos of the installed tank on my 42 Dodge WC 54 and I will have another new one coming in next week May 15th for my 42 Dodge WC 57 Command Car... they are the same tank.... Bob

Return to “Power Wagon Forums”