ISO Screwdrivers

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
Royk
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

ISO Screwdrivers

Post by Royk » Sun May 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi Folks

I came to this forum for its fantastic info on US army tools, The time is not right for me to get a Jeep but I sure will show you when I do.

I'm putting together the Comapany repair kit for the 1903 Springfield rifle, I have most of it but can not find the screwdrivers.

They are about 6" long and there are three of them. A 1/4" wide head, a 5/32" head and a 3/16 head.

Attached is a photo from the depot repair kit which was contemporary with the 1910-early ww2 kit.

Any leads or info is much appreciated

Thanks

Roy
Screwdrivers 250k.jpg
Screwdrivers 250k.jpg (237.49 KiB) Viewed 276 times

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Re: ISO Screwdrivers

Post by mudbox » Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Hmmm, difficult to tell which brand that is without a bette scan.
Perhaps we can help rule them out.

The first image is a Blue Point screwdriver. It's next to a 6in pair of round nose pliers for reference.

The next image is a Stanley driver, at the bottom of the image, the ferrule is a dead giveaway for this type

The last image is a Bridgeport. Notice that the ferrule is much shorter than the ones in the scan you posted. The handle is shorter on this one as well.

Hope that helps. Stanley made a bunch of different drivers during the war. We have a scan of the '41 catalog HERE.

-Jason

Royk
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Re: ISO Screwdrivers

Post by Royk » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks Mudbox

That scan is only one available. I think the brands were quite similar back then, Irwin, Hurwood/Stanley and Blue Point are all fairly close. The trouble is finding the 6" ones with a matching maker.

Roy

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment (Vehicle & Pioneer)”