DDAY 2018, where to stay recommendation..?

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
whitey1736
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
DDAY 2018, where to stay recommendation..?

Post by whitey1736 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 am

Hello All,

Planning to head to France for DDay this June with wife and baby. I figure it'll be a little less hectic than going next year...though I'm torn about it. Anyways, does anyone have a recommendation for what the best town to stay in is? I read that people recommended Bayeux but I feel like I'd want to be further west than that. I'd appreciate any recommendations, will probably do Airbnb and it looks like decent availability still in many areas.

Thanks

twinflyer17
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: DDAY 2018, where to stay recommendation..?

Post by twinflyer17 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:35 am

I was in Normandy for the first time last November. My wife and I stayed in Bayeux and found it to be central to almost all of the sites we wanted to see - unless you plan to spend a lot of time in Cherbourg, which is a bit of a hike north. We stayed in an airbnb in the center of town (with a direct view of the tapestry) which was also within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and shops, plus it had off street parking for the rental car we had. Here's the link to it: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11491589?l ... s=4krELrIj The owners were unbelievably pleasant and welcoming, too, which only made the stay that much better!
Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

Return to “Events”