Pre ban Israeli Orlite 30 round AR mags

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
raymond
G-General
G-General

Pre ban Israeli Orlite 30 round AR mags

Post by raymond » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:44 am

Going through some of my stuff and found 3 used Israeli Orlite AR mags. Bought them during the 94 to 04 ban period. Understand they have some value in ban states. Looking to send them to a good home if anybody in a ban state wants them. Send me a PM. Used but serviceable. Would post pic but haven't signed up for new pic hosting sight yet. $#@!&* Photobucket :x
"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: Pre ban Israeli Orlite 30 round AR mags

Post by Chuck Lutz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:42 am

Raymond....you can just post pics directly to the gee....3 pics per post and I think it is still 256k per photo.

Oh, and by the way, if you think "the press" is against you, maybe you are just so far out of whack with the MAJORITY of Americans that you actually believe that trash/lies/corporate/NRA bullsh*t they feed you at the Foxtrough. They can pass their version of reality but the rest of the "press" can't? Sounds like Herr Goebbles way to sell a position.

Get a new NON POLITICAL avatar or maybe we'll just have to take every post you make as a POLITICAL STATEMENT and an excuse to espouse the Right Wing agenda.

Or, you could stay within the bounds of non-politics as GENTLEMEN and we won't have to go there.

Up to you Raymond....you wanna get down in the mud and sling it? Be prepared to get dirty yourself. Many are tired of the POLITICAL Bullsh*t on the gee, myself included, but if you must post that blather I am happy to oblige you with a response. So...you gonna stick to the topics at hand or make POLITICAL statements I can guarantee will elicit yet another round of POLITICS which I don't particularly want to see happen.

Your decision...but I can guarantee the posts will get locked when the moderators have had enough of the POLITICS that makes the G503 look like some nasty political website instead of a site about WWII vehicles and things.

Have a nice day.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 am

Dang Chuck. 1st, thanks (I guess) for answering on how to post pics. 2nd, how is a girl running a political avatar? 3rd....I guess this is political in nature when discussing the “ban” but it still didn’t warrant that shotgun blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 am

Luke...right, not the bouncing titties avatar....the notations where MOST people post what vehicles they own instead of political blather.
Chuck Lutz

Bantam T3-C 1947

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

Wow Chuck :shock:

How intolerant :!:

In keeping with the nature and tenor of your reply, I guess I should change my sig line to one from David Horowitz:

Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out.

Raymond
"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:05 pm

P.S.

Israel phased out the Orlite magazines decades ago. So if you live in a "ban" state that did not outright ban magazines made before the law, or if you live in a free state but want some Israeli Orlite mags, I have 3 working used ones. I always kind of liked them since they are kind of "slick", they are better at reliably feeding steel case ammo when USGI mags sometimes won't. Pmags and Hexmags have kind of taken over that application.

Anyway, if anybody wants them, I0 bucks plus shipping for all 3.

Raymond

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Sold

Raymond

Urban Camo
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Urban Camo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:23 pm

I think somebody skipped his meds today.
Nice score on the mags too .

UC

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:13 pm

Maybe it would be better if dyed-in-the-wool members of BOTH parties kept their politics to themselves on this kind of a hobby website because it only causes grief.

My Dad told me not to go around starting fights.....but never to back down and to not let bullsh*t slide.

Whaddya think Raymond?

Can you do the right thing here and keep political statements to political websites?
Chuck Lutz

Bantam T3-C 1947

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Urban Camo wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:23 pm
I think somebody skipped his meds today.
Nice score on the mags too .

UC
Not sure of the quality of the Israeli Orlites. I never had problems, but I bought them to shoot steel case Russian ammo.

Sold off a bunch of my gun collection recently. Mostly safe queens that I seldom shot, like a Springfield Armory HK G3 clone with West German surplus Henzholt mount (I'm keeping the scope), Russian SKS, Israeli 98k rebarreled in 7.62x51mm, pristine Maltby Number 4 mark 1 Enfield, H and R heavy barrel single shot 22 match rifle with Redfield Palma sights, and even a Intertec Tec 9 with screw on barrel extension (otherwise known as the jam-o-matic). I bought it in the early 90's because certain people didn't think it should be sold to the public because of it's use in gang shootings. Truth be told, it's use should have been encouraged, not discouraged, because if a more reliable firearm would have been used, more lives would have been lost. Anyway, a lot of this stuff I bought because I got a good deal, and sometimes you improve your collection by selling stuff.

And don't hate me for selling the Springfield Armory HK clone, I am of the opinion that whoever engineered this rifle (I think it was German engineers working for Spain ala the CETME) knew nothing of ergonomics. Unless you have freakishly long fingers, you can't work the safety, It kicks more than an M1A1 or FAL, it isn't particularly accurate for the price point, the cocking lever is not positioned for fast use, nor is the magazine release, there is no last shot bolt hold open, and if there were, the heavy operating spring would likely rip off anything on the magazine that would hold the bolt open. Even then, the bolt would close when the magazine was removed unless you manually locked it open. In short, it was a safe queen.

Have lots of ammo cans of magazines to go through, if I find any more stuff I want to get rid of, I'll post it here.

Raymond

Urban Camo
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Urban Camo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

I had a couple of the Orlite mags for my Galill haven't shot that sucker in a long time.
Thanks for offering up the goodies here . Even though I wasn't the guy that ended up with them .

wreckless
Gee Addict

Post by wreckless » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am

Springfield was buying Hellenic (Greek) made G3's back in the day. They were licenses HK copies for a NATO nation. Very nice rifles.
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 am

Forgot to mention the crappy trigger pull and the weight.

Raymond

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 am

Urban Camo wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm
I had a couple of the Orlite mags for my Galill haven't shot that sucker in a long time.
Thanks for offering up the goodies here . Even though I wasn't the guy that ended up with them .
I have an Israeli Galil in .556. My opinion best of the breed as far as AKs go. Haven't shot mine since at least 2008 when I moved to the house I am in now. Just looked at what one now goes for over at Gun Broker and GOOD LORD :shock: I always considered it kind of a beater.

Raymond

Ernie Baals
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Ernie Baals » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 am

The only politics talked about in this post were brought up by Chucky
Chuck,
Please leave your political views out of this forum, they have no place here.
For those that would like to have an open discussion on anything from weapons, to vehicles, to today's news, please see the SJC Forum near the bottom of forums page, We treat everybody with respect there
Ernie Baals, Moderator SJC
Rip Dad 1/22/24 to 12/21/11
I will always love and miss you.
Ernie Baals MVPA 104C and 3104, AACA, SJC MVPA

Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen”

Return to “Weapons”