Ben Hur Draw Bar

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base
ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Ben Hur Draw Bar

Post by ng19delta » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:31 am

Does anyone have a wrecked drawbar for a Ben Hur that I could buy the forward 1' or so from, to repair mine? I need the end which attaches to the casting: it can be from either one, and if you cut at the end of the reinforcement, it would be perfect. Needs to be straight, and with little rust: I need to replace a section with a good bit of rust- almost 1/2 way through in places!

Scott

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: Ben Hur Draw Bar

Post by ng19delta » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 am

As there have been zero replies, I am going to fabricate a new section. For information purposes, a piece of 3x2x1/4" thick rectangular tube stock is perfect- just trim off one side, and take the width to 1-9/16ths in. wide across the top & bottom. Otherwise, perfect match.

Scott

SSG Gibb
G-Private
G-Private

Post by SSG Gibb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Scott, I'm not familiar with this particular set up, BUT I have some heavy duty lunets that were for a PLS trailer they are NOS and I also have a towbar lunet.? Maybe a picture or drawling would help, where is home, what state?
Gibb

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 am

SSG Gibb wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm
Hi Scott, I'm not familiar with this particular set up, BUT I have some heavy duty lunets that were for a PLS trailer they are NOS and I also have a towbar lunet.? Maybe a picture or drawling would help, where is home, what state?
Gibb
The drawbar is made up of the two metal rails which attach to the forward spring mounts & front frame rail, then come forward and attach to the casting which holds the lunette & landing wheel assy. Each rail assembly has an outer section and an inner, reinforcing section which does not go the full length. Mine has some severe rust on one, so I am fabricating a repair for the section using 2x3x1/4 thick rectangular tubing to replace the damaged end.

Scott

Return to “Trailers 1/2 ton +”