WTS Brandt light mortar - demilled ready for display

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
Yohan
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

WTS Brandt light mortar - demilled ready for display

Post by Yohan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:27 pm

Selling a Brandt light mortar which includes bipod, base plate, original pinned tube, and M4 sight. Tube is pinned twice in bore and dummy base cup welded on. I have dremelized the inside hinge area of the collar (nothing visible for display) and removed some washers from the stack inside the throw lever so it will fit a black powder mortar tube. I can replace the washers so original tube fits. I have cleaned, scuffed, and repainted the mortar with OD green. It's a very nice set up. $900.00 shipped to the Con. U.S. I may include the black powder tube, but would need $1475.00, shipped. Thanks for looking.

john rock
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by john rock » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:07 pm

can you post some pictures?
thanks
john rock

Yohan
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Brandt mortar

Post by Yohan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:16 am

John rock, check your private message.

markie

IMPORTATION

Post by markie » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:07 am

IF this Mortar is outside of the US it's doubtful (VERY) that it will ever make it into the US due to Customs restrictions

Check with the regs BEFORE you buy

Yohan
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Yohan » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:33 pm

Markie, wise words of caution and always welcome! The Mortar IS in the US of A and is perfectly legal here in the US as I purchased it, right here in the US from a company (not an individual). Though I'm no expert, the base cup, which has the firing pin, is the DD. This does not have the original base cup. It's still legal with the black powder tube on it and loads of fun to shoot. No triggers or strikers, just a plain old fuze. I know of someone who lost thousands of $ when customes siezed several imported US M2 mortar kits that were not properly demilled to BATF specs. I'm the last person who would try selling (or buying) anything that's "sticky." To say the least, I'd loose my job! Thank you for the words of caution on this.

Since I originally posted this for sale, I had decided to keep it, but may offer it up again in the future. That in itself is a long story, which is why I PM'd John Rock as he has been the only one who expressed interest and I thought the post was long dead!

Return to “Artillery”