m16a1 question?

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

mfrance
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

m16a1 question?

Post by mfrance » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm

What's the going rate for one m16a1 all complete original armor and floor, runs ,drives, new spare tracks, with working quad mount , 4 demilled 50's non propane with tombstones, generator runs great..
have a lead

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: m16a1 question?

Post by D.R.H. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 pm

I worked on an M-16A2 that was purchased by a museum in So. Cal. several years ago. The engine was a little weak, trans. shifted fine, M45 Maxon mount worked well, including the "Little Joe" generator but the servo transmissions and belts were dry before I put my hands on it. The tracks were about 70%+ & in good shape, the brakes were non-working until I rebuilt the rear brakes, wheel bearings and seals. The jack screws and track tension screws were all frozen and had to be removed and have the threads chased.
The drop armor had been welded in place, (correct for that refit in 1953) but it did not have a correct pedestal mount for the M45 Maxon Quad Mount. If I remember correctly the curator paid around $46 Thousand for it. But, after all the work I did to it, it was really fun to drive on the street. It received A LOT of looks and cheers............... Here is the thread : http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... k#p1307066.
I have to say that I had a great time hanging out with the guys and wrenching on the trucks there.
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.
In Loving Memoriam: Ann Hancock, 08 Mar. 1934 - 25 Sept. 2021. R.N. 1960 - 2005. R.I.P. Mom.
Thank You BOTH for always being there.

My YouTube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMKEv ... M3g/videos.

Return to “Tracked”