WTT: Bantam T3C for MBT or T3

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
signsup
banned

WTT: Bantam T3C for MBT or T3

Post by signsup » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 am

I picked up this Bantam late 45 or early 46 that is pretty unique. 1882 is the ACM number, civilian data plate and tail gate, no tail lights, but brackets are present, stake pockets and hoop bows. Lunette eye, chains and draw bar casting. So a trailer salad. I was going to make this look military to tow behind my GPW, but if I can trade for a military trailer and let this remain early civilian, it would be a win/win for the trailers.

So, if interested, let me know. Atlanta area, but going to the convention in Luiseville in June and can bring it up.
chuckwagon 1.JPG
chuckwagon 1.JPG (29.12 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Attachments
chuckwagon 2.JPG
chuckwagon 2.JPG (24.93 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Re: WTT: Bantam T3C for MBT or T3

Post by Steve Webb » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:28 pm

It might help to check out a few things here. Except for lunette a early T3C can be pretty nice for 2a guys to get.

http://bantamt3c.com/
Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross Psalm 55; 9-11

signsup
banned

Re: WTT: Bantam T3C for MBT or T3

Post by signsup » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Been there, done that. Yes, it's a 1946 T3-C and it's pretty hard to get. Combat wheels with civilian tires, original tail gate, don't know about chains and hooks. Hole for black out light and hand brake. Someone over the years has replace the fulton coupler with a M100 draw bar casting, lunette and safety chaings and leg as well as a 24v trailer connector.

I could make this look military very easily, but it's the rarer, civilian model with stake pockets and bows and tail gate, so, hence, the post to see if someone has something military to trade.

I may part out the combat wheels and lunette parts and get CJ wheels and a fulton coupler and go the civiian route for a CJ guy.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”