FS M100 $350 to Aberdeen next week

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

FS M100 $350 to Aberdeen next week

Post by W. Winget » Fri May 05, 2017 10:08 am

Have this '53 M100 I cleaned out yesterday (not filled with leaves and junk now as shown below)
Bottom line I can take it to Aberdeen if anyone wants to commit to it. (send a friend with their trailer to bring it back to you!)
The bad: front floor board is rusted out for about a foot, front wall panel has lower edge rust, Front driver side has a baseball rust hole (from memory) rear top "pipe" corner edges are open from rust but not bent (photo).
Landing leg casting (the leg top pivoting portion) is gone, remnants remain on the leg( leg is included) as is the lock pin and spring gone from the front. No chains, box brackets are folded over. That's it. (casting and lunnette are intact)has brake handle assembly but it's rusty,
Trailer can be repaired, but not by me, hence the low price of $350 delivered to Aberdeen.
You want it, PM me and I'll load it up. I can provide empty pics later if interested in buying it. Trailer is currently in Carrollton, Va. 23314 (with three other M100 derelicts in similar or worse shape beside it)
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Re: FS M100 $350 to Aberdeen next week

Post by Bill H. » Fri May 05, 2017 5:02 pm

That is a steal!!!
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 pm

After acquiring them (5) from a recent estate sale, it's essential to learn when I have enough projects, and not hold onto everything till MY family has an estate sale after I move on.... Some people never learn that. Better to let it go at a reasonable price and move it than sit on it another few year mowing around it. Could toss a piece of tin in it and use it around the house for years, much better than a Northern import trailer. Rust out in front area is about 1' wide by 6" deep hole.
V/R W Winget

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

More pics Re: FS M100 $350 to Aberdeen next week

Post by W. Winget » Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 am

Here's the interior and the landing leg. rest of the casting is there, I don't care if you buy it and remove the lunette and casting for re-sale and use the trailer for a garden cart, it's $350, then do what you want with it.
V/R W Winget
Interior Back:
Interior Front (floor and front edge rot, left side has a little too)
1953 Dunbar Kapple:
Front Casting and Lunnette, leg has broken off pivot section adn missing locking pin and spring assembly:

We had a set of four "Free" M151 tires on the rims at Aberdeen one year. Guy came along and asked "how much for ONE" we told him it would be FREE if he took all four. He argued that he only wanted ONE... we would not "sell" him ONE without taking all FOUR, didn't care what he did with the other three, but we weren't taking them to the dump pile (20 yards away) if he left them there. So he left without his ONE free tire.
Why do I tell this:
You buy this trailer, part it and make all our money back, then use it around the lawn, Craigslist it with a cheap hitch, etc. it's yours, but I won't part it for you....it's only $350, not 2K that others want for a fully restored masterpiece.
V/R W Winget

johnseidts
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by johnseidts » Tue May 09, 2017 2:56 am

we would not "sell" him ONE without taking all FOUR, didn't care what he did with the other three, but we weren't taking them to the dump pile (20 yards away) if he left them there. So he left without his ONE free tire.
Brings to mind my favorite quote from the movie "Field of Dreams."

"You're seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, aren't you?"
John K. Seidts RN:
Wanted to Buy any aircraft parts or aviation items
Wanted- WWII US Medical and Engineer Items

brad
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by brad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Do you have a lunnette for sale

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 am

Not at this time, there are three M100's in various states, two had lunnettes, but I can't part those off the trailer unless the group decides they want to dispose of one as a parts trailer.
That said, one without floor board, or tailgate area(well where the rear panel area was) but with a lunnette would likely go for $200.
V/R W Winget

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”