artificer and Luc Coesens?

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

artificer and Luc Coesens?

Post by Chuck Lutz » Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 am

It appears that artificer and Luc have been kicked off the g503.

Does anyone know the circumstances of that taking place?

I guess that any "punishment" for comments posted have been equally applied to BOTH of them, right?

That would be only fair.
Last edited by Chuck Lutz on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Schelvis
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: artificer and Luc Cousins?

Post by Schelvis » Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 am

Again?

Boyso
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Boyso » Tue May 01, 2018 1:25 pm

How so? I can still see Artificer's profile and see him in the registered group.

As far as I'm concerned, we'd be losing a fair share of knowledge and experience if these two were to go. Shame about all the fighting all the time though.

Its a small enough hobby, I don't understand the need to argue sometimes.
44 GPW 231738 10/23/1944
MVPA #36162

Jon
Australian Army (Retired) R.A.E.M.E.
Australian Army (Retired) R.A.E.M.E.

Post by Jon » Tue May 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Luc has been kicked off so often it's not funny.
When people can't control themselves and habitually make condescending personal remarks, and having been kicked off repeatedly for the same offense and not being able to remedy that problem. Guess what????..... don't care if they're the self proclaimed expert on everything, if they can't play nice in the sand pit, there's the door, don't let it smack your arse on the way out.
JR
Jon Rogers
AUSTRALIA

http://jeepdraw.com JeepDraw Home Page & Drawings
Parts Colours Page http://jeepdraw.com/PART_COLOURS.htm
1944 GPW195611 20531384 ACM-2 17781
1942 MBT 19433W

USAFpj
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by USAFpj » Tue May 01, 2018 4:49 pm

I may be in the minority, but I find it humorous and don't mind a little 'spirit' :lol: . Especially when you throw Ben Dover(Joel) in the mix...

And all them guys are smart as HEII...

Gary C V
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Gary C V » Tue May 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you Jon,

Mate I do enjoy bother of their inputs to a point but when they start attacking others, I turn off.

Gary

dinof
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by dinof » Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 am

Say what you want, but they do help answer a ton of questions with good advice. You can't deny that. Are there others here that know their stuff? You bet. Many. Said that, these "spats" only arise around twice a month or so. How about the moderator simply deleting their answer when they get out of line? Isn't that part of the moderators job? That probably will do the trick to show what is acceptable or not. If the person chooses not to post because of that, then so be it.

I'm here everyday, and I didn't see what they did to get them both banned from here. And by the way, How come another member can do this same thing and never be reprimanded for it?
Dino Falabrino
On the "G" since 1998.
1943 GPW 102310 DOD 3-3-43
1928 Model A Roadster Pickup
1930 Model A Tudor
1968 Taco Minibike

Fabrizio
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Fabrizio » Wed May 02, 2018 6:07 am

Sounds like personal conflits are involved.
Artificer and Luc sure disagree on pretty much everything, but they still both stay on tracks 99% of the time, and equally off tracks the rest of the time.
Yet, as Said above, Luc is kicked out everytime.
GPW #3606 “LIBBY”
"Jeep is America's only real sports car." - Enzo Ferrari

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Wed May 02, 2018 8:31 am

...all I am saying is..."It takes two to tango"....and the same guy getting kicked out every single time seems odd to me. That isn't an accusation by the way, just an observation. Like the same guy winning the lottery.

As far as I am concerned, I wouldn't trade one Luc for a million artificer's because the caustic put-downs if you don't agree are certainly not friendly by any means. That and the actual hands-on knowledge is vastly different. I think Luc's just frustrated with the posts he makes and when wound up like artificer likes to do, he says what he means. Hell, I wouldn't trade one Joel for a million artificers either! That's just my observation...

Dammn...just too few out there these days who call a spade a spade and when they do THEY get the axe?

Again...simple observation "It takes two to tango"....and it is impossible for the same person time after time to be the only one to be punished for a verbal argument that goes back and forth over so many posts. Especially when it seems Luc's advice is actually more to the point!

Dave Aro has met up with Luc several times and has nothing but appreciation for him personally and professionally. I have met up with Gibbons once, and it all went downhill from there when I challenged some of his posts.

All this is merely an observation of their posts and some of my own experiences with both of them. Having done a little travelling in my past, I can see how the personalities of the no nonsense types versus the obnoxious in-yo-face personalites of another country could clash. This is part of why they don't get along. The other is one is hella lot more informed on the G503 vehicle than the other...you figure out which is which!

If they could only chill out, we'd get good conversations/disagreements/new information we could use!
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

dinof
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by dinof » Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 am

Chuck-You are right, you can't call a spade a spade. Or at least in this country with all this PC liberal crap. Now, I said it. I called a spade a spade.

Watch now what happens....... I will prove my point. :D
Dino Falabrino
On the "G" since 1998.
1930 Model A Tudor
1968 Taco Minibike

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 am

From my perspective it became disruptive and destructive at times when each espoused completely different solutions to the same problem. There usually are multiple solutions to a problem, but it was not usually presented that way.

Their discussion was NOT done in the sense of "Well here is another way to do that",

but usually in this manner: "So-and-so is totally wrong and blah...blah..blah.. insert caustic name....insert insult....blah...blah..insert the REAL way to do it and so-and-so is totally wrong yet again...as he always is because he...insert caustic name...sometimes insert expletive....etc. etc."

Now, I am all for a spirited discussion, but when I'm trying to learn how to do something and both guys are arguing that the other's technique is WRONG, I tent to find my information some where else, rather than wading through the mist, (German word look it up).

What happens in the end is that it is not necessarily clear as to what the PROPER way to do something is. If you are an expert MV restorer and engine assemblyman, (I am not even close) then you can probably pick out the wheat from the chaff. For those of us who are not quite sure what the wheat SHOULD look like, it is disruptive and destructive.

On a positive note, it was, at times, entertaining, with a beer and bowl of popcorn to watch the show. :lol:

three_stooges_wrecked_car.jpg
three_stooges_wrecked_car.jpg (171.33 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Oz

Feb 43 GPW 98532 USA 20206257
Oct 70 Land Rover Series 2a 25334079G NZ16GF36
http://gpw.castraponere.com/ (My Restoration Page)

dinof
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by dinof » Wed May 02, 2018 12:30 pm

17thAirborne wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:36 am
From my perspective it became disruptive and destructive at times when each espoused completely different solutions to the same problem. There usually are multiple solutions to a problem, but it was not usually presented that way.

Their discussion was NOT done in the sense of "Well here is another way to do that",

but usually in this manner: "So-and-so is totally wrong and blah...blah..blah.. insert caustic name....insert insult....blah...blah..insert the REAL way to do it and so-and-so is totally wrong yet again...as he always is because he...insert caustic name...sometimes insert expletive....etc. etc."

Now, I am all for a spirited discussion, but when I'm trying to learn how to do something and both guys are arguing that the other's technique is WRONG, I tent to find my information some where else, rather than wading through the mist, (German word look it up).

What happens in the end is that it is not necessarily clear as to what the PROPER way to do something is. If you are an expert MV restorer and engine assemblyman, (I am not even close) then you can probably pick out the wheat from the chaff. For those of us who are not quite sure what the wheat SHOULD look like, it is disruptive and destructive.

On a positive note, it was, at times, entertaining, with a beer and bowl of popcorn to watch the show. :lol:

three_stooges_wrecked_car.jpg
Hmmm.......Do you know what episode this one was from?...I thoughtI have seen all Stooge films a million times over.
Dino Falabrino
On the "G" since 1998.
1930 Model A Tudor
1968 Taco Minibike

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Sorry, that piece of information eludes me. I was hoping to capture the essence of the inexperienced MV restorer conferring with two others on how to fix a particular problem caused by over zealous disassembly efforts during restoration. I am represented by the one scratching his head :lol:
Oz

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Wed May 02, 2018 12:44 pm

I have had questions answered excellently on this site by both parties, its sad that it has come to this. :cry:

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Oz

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”