artificer and Luc Coesens?

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: artificer and Luc Cousins?

Post by 17thAirborne » Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Fabrizio wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 am
Both? You must mean Luc; as he is the only one to have been (re-re-re......) kicked out as far as I can see.
Yes, Both should agree as they are both embroiled in this issue. I am not sure why only one went, but not being a moderator, I cannot make anything happen. I am only inserting my opinion :roll: as to how to get this stopped and get things working well again. I too want to hear what Luc says on the matters of MV work.
Oz

Feb 43 GPW 98532 USA 20206257
Oct 70 Land Rover Series 2a 25334079G NZ16GF36
http://gpw.castraponere.com/ (My Restoration Page)

Jon
Australian Army (Retired) R.A.E.M.E.

Post by Jon » Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm

It's quite evident that some haven't been on the end of Luc's vile, abuse* emails.. *Abuse is an understatement to say the least.

Some also think this Board is a democracy when public opinion counts, it doesn't.

We go on past performance, regardless of what the member has to offer, but if he's offering that opinion along with personal attacks it counts for nothing.

We will not tolerate personal attacks, it's a form of cyber bullying .

He stays banned.........

A warning to others who think they can get away with it......

JR- ADMIN
Jon Rogers
AUSTRALIA

http://jeepdraw.com JeepDraw Home Page & Drawings
Parts Colours Page http://jeepdraw.com/PART_COLOURS.htm
1944 GPW195611 20531384 ACM-2 17781
1942 MBT 19433W

dinof
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by dinof » Thu May 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I'm sorry Jon, but there are others (only one here) that will instigate an aurgument because he will never forget the past and when he gets the chance, always fires back with vile, rude comments. And he gets away with it all the time. I read these boards every day.
Dino Falabrino
On the "G" since 1998.
1943 GPW 102310 DOD 3-3-43
1928 Model A Roadster Pickup
1930 Model A Tudor
1968 Taco Minibike

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 pm

All it needs is to report the post.......
Jon Rogers
AUSTRALIA

1942 MBT 19433W

dinof
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by dinof » Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Jon wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 pm
All it needs is to report the post.......
That is fair Jon-
Thanks,
Dino F.
Dino Falabrino
On the "G" since 1998.
1943 GPW 102310 DOD 3-3-43
1928 Model A Roadster Pickup
1930 Model A Tudor
1968 Taco Minibike

twinflyer17
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by twinflyer17 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:44 am

Have you guys every wondered why this hobby seems to be shrinking? It's because of toxic environments such as the G. A new guy posts simple question and is immediately shredded to death by one of the 'experts'. Oh, and then another 'expert' member chimes in and a battle between the two 'expert' starts. Do you know how much of a turnoff those types of interactions are to new members of this hobby? Hell, it's a turnoff to those of us who have been here for years. I'll admit that I didn't really start posting here until AFTER my jeep was finished to avoid that garbage. I'll also admit that I don't really like going to events with other military vehicles. Know why? I immediately get stared at by the other old white haired MV owners AND immediately hear the following questions: "Did you do the work to your GPW yourself?", and "How did you learn to do all of that." In no way, shape, or form is my jeep the nicest out there, but in many cases it's just as nice if not nicer than the guys who ask me those questions. I've owned my GPW for 5 years, did a full frame off myself, but for some reason it's still hard to fit into the MV owners crowd. This hobby is full of a bunch of judgmental, immature, and cranky old men. Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of really great people in this hobby, but not without meeting an equal number of jerks who can't keep their mouths shut. I don't blame any of the guys who have left this site, or the ones who will decide against getting into this expensive hobby.
Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Fri May 04, 2018 7:58 am

twinflyer17 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:44 am
Have you guys every wondered why this hobby seems to be shrinking? It's because of toxic environments such as the G. A new guy posts simple question and is immediately shredded to death by one of the 'experts'. Oh, and then another 'expert' member chimes in and a battle between the two 'expert' starts. Do you know how much of a turnoff those types of interactions are to new members of this hobby? Hell, it's a turnoff to those of us who have been here for years. I'll admit that I didn't really start posting here until AFTER my jeep was finished to avoid that garbage. I'll also admit that I don't really like going to events with other military vehicles. Know why? I immediately get stared at by the other old white haired MV owners AND immediately hear the following questions: "Did you do the work to your GPW yourself?", and "How did you learn to do all of that." In no way, shape, or form is my jeep the nicest out there, but in many cases it's just as nice if not nicer than the guys who ask me those questions. I've owned my GPW for 5 years, did a full frame off myself, but for some reason it's still hard to fit into the MV owners crowd. This hobby is full of a bunch of judgmental, immature, and cranky old men. Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of really great people in this hobby, but not without meeting an equal number of jerks who can't keep their mouths shut. I don't blame any of the guys who have left this site, or the ones who will decide against getting into this expensive hobby.
Well said. That is exactly why I interjected my comments on the "Lack of power climbing a hill" thread. Poor guy was trying to get a question answered and two or three destroyed the topic with crap (same people by the way). Normally I just read and post my progress on my restoration, but lately my attitude has changed and I can't sit still. I too received an unsolicited email from Luc which was not kind. I still post because I still need a lot of help, and it is my hope that my posts will help someone else to avoid the many mistakes I am making on my work. It is a way of thumbing my nose at them. :evil:
Oz

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 am

I just hope that lessons have been learned and we can all move on to better the hobby. Hopefully advice and follow posts will be more constructive in the future. Hopefully heated disagreements between members will be hashed out utilizating the PM system.
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Fri May 04, 2018 9:51 am

Boys, I think we have to take Jon at his word....so with that in mind, the first time Gibbons crosses the "Thin Red Line" I will immediately report him and he will be banned also. That's a fair and equitable way of dealing with it I guess.

I fully expect those of you who have found this seemingly one-sided affair to do EXACTLY the same thing as I intend on doing. I'm not on here all the time so you guys watch for the next posts to see if he tones it down or sets himself up for a permanent vacation. As for me, I will immediately post after the next Gibbons fusillade that I have reported him and fully expect to never see his posts again.

It ain't a democracy unfortunately but we have it from Jon that this kind of behavior (even by artificer) is not tolerated.

John Gibbons, you are on the hot seat now....if we see you pulling your bullying or demeaning or otherwise nasty remarks instead of just posting FACTS, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. I don't care if you say it's self-defense or not, adios!

As long as punishment is equally meted out, that is the best we can hope for....in spite of the continued loss of those who actually have something worthwhile to post.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

rjbeamer
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by rjbeamer » Fri May 04, 2018 10:18 am

Go Chuck. I suspect that you will have this Forum whipped into shape in no time.

Roger

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 am

Yer dreamin' Roger.....

I spent nearly two years in purgatory because I simply suggested that the moderators.... "moderate"....
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Fabrizio
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Fabrizio » Fri May 04, 2018 11:32 am

Jon, I am administrator of a 3000+ members French Facebook group (about Jeeps, not a surprise) and I can understand the need to take un-democratic decisions when you are in charge of driving the whole thing straight.
I have also been in uncomfortable situations when a guy that I knew to be a nice an knowledgeable one kept on talking too loud and too harsch....it’s not an easy task for sure.

When I joined the G, maybe 4 years or so ago, it was to post about my freshly bought Jeep wreck.
At that time I didn’t even know that Ford had built Jeeps.
I have spent hours, days, months reading current and past threads, and sucking all the informations I could.
Here; and on Jeepdraw of course.
During this years, I have asked a lot of rookie questions, written a lot of incorrect assumptions; an I have always been helped, never had a single harsch answer.
Guys like Tom and Luc (Coesens, for the sake of exactitude) have provided me TONS of quality information. Like the Joels, the Lucas, the Chucks, Jons....this board is full of incredible people who give away their time to spread informations, pictures, answers, whatever.

Whatever the reasons, good or bad, I am just saddened to see people like Luc or Tom away from the board.
Do you notice how many posts about Jeeps serials or dods are left unanswered these last months?

Jeeps are a passion; why on earth do we need to introduce unpleasant stupid issues in it....
If you want honesty; I don’t like artificer’s way of reasoning. And then what? This planet is big enough for all of us, right?
I don’t call for hot chairs or witch hunt neither, darn; what’s the need for that?

I have even managed to drive discussions with some of the most right-winged guys of this board; me being on the total opposite side, and European; and all that without anything getting off the tracks, as far as I remember.

Let’s enjoy the pleasure of rusty wrecks and stupidly overpriced F parts; and chill the heck out guys!
GPW #3606 “LIBBY”
"Jeep is America's only real sports car." - Enzo Ferrari

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Right on Fabritzo.

Those, like Chuck, (just as an example, nothing personal here Chuck, we've been mates for 20 years right), who want to mold the Gee to their desires had also better watch what they have to say and how they reply to others.
I'm sure EVERYONE will take heed when I point out the Gee is supposed to be a place where anyone can ask, and get a decent reply to a question without a personality clash.

Artificer has had "Warnings", if you get 3 of those, it's time out....one week to start with..You come back and ..Ignore those warnings and repeatedly do the same thing, it's Bye Bye...so Chuck, to explain the workings, if you "Report a Post" it doesn't necessarily mean immediate suspension.

The job I do isn't all that hard, set rules govern what we do or don't do, but if you push the envelope with me I can be the worst mongrel you will ever meet, do the right thing, leave your ego at the door, come into the Gee, play fair, and we'll all get along and I'm the sweetest man you could also ever meet.

JR
Jon Rogers
AUSTRALIA

1942 MBT 19433W

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 17thAirborne » Fri May 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Sort of a sweet-mongrel eh Jon! 8) I like that!
Oz

Wolfman
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Wolfman » Sat May 05, 2018 4:59 am

Thanks for the explanation of how you handle things.
Don't think I have heard that before.
All about helping those that need it and learning myself.
I hate arguing !! It is a waist of my allotted time left on this rock !!!
Keep up the good work, Jon.
Mike Wolford
CJ-2A
VEP GPW
Comm./Inst. SEL
AOPA ( 50 yrs)
EAA ( 49 yrs)
4th Inf. Div. - 5th Inf. Div. - 2nd Armor Div. - CIB

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”