6.2 /6.5. 130 gph water pumps?

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

skatervee
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
6.2 /6.5. 130 gph water pumps?

Post by skatervee » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Happy holidays all. Looking for 130 gph water pump for 6.2 6.5 v belt cw. Rotation or part number or brand of pump the one I had started leaking. So I got one from auto zone put it on and over heat issues cropped up. Find out there pump is only 87 gph. So matching one now is the issue. Thanks Dave h

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: 6.2 /6.5. 130 gph water pumps?

Post by Retired War Horses » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 am

This should be in the tech knowledge forum for more visibility.

If your truck is over heating and you replced the WP, it's not your water pump....regardless of whether or not you have a standard or H.O. Pump.
also IIRC, the high output pump is only for the serpentine setup, they don't have an HO pump for V-belt.
The serp pump spins in the opposite direction, so do not mix them up on install....you must use the correct WP.
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: 6.2 /6.5. 130 gph water pumps?

Post by dilvoy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:44 pm

The wrong rotation pump can't be installed, because the mounting holes that are in the timing cover plate are different for V belt and the Serpentine water pumps. That still doesn't gurad against possibly putting in a low flowing water pump. I had read that the humvees had a special impeller on their water pumps. Something about steel instead of cast iron impeller. Maybe that makes the difference?
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Return to “Humvee Modifications”