Body modification

Mighty Mite modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

michaelg
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Body modification

Post by michaelg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 am

I am looking at a Mite to purchase but on inspection see that a previous owner cut out the section behind the drivers seat to get more leg room. The present owner jury rigged a metal box in that space to put back in the original Mite seat back and cushions. Anyone have any experience with re-welding an aluminum section that replaces the original metal? Any repro pieces? Has anyone done this?
Thanks
Mike

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Re: Body modification

Post by Bill H. » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:40 pm

I've got a tool box from a wrecked Mite ready for install. I had it pop riveted in for a number of years but have since removed it. I really want it in its original configuration but at 6'4" and have a total left knee replacement I can bend it far enough to get my foot on the clutch pedal. :cry:
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

michaelg
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: Body modification

Post by michaelg » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:37 am

Good morning. Here is a long shot. Finally purchased a Mite after all this Covid stuff that needs the tool boxes replaced. Owner took them out to get more leg room. Hoping you still have those tool boxes available after all this time.

Return to “Mighty Mite Modifications”